The Armenian-Indian Center for Excellence in ICT provides a specialized infrastructure and high-performance facility for the delivery of IT-related training and R&D programs that create new opportunities for the development of IT workforce skills in Armenia.
This is a joint project of the Governments of Armenia and India, implemented by EIF from the Armenian side, and the C-DAC Center from the Indian side. The Centre was set forth in a Memorandum of Understanding signed on June 26, 2009.
Situated in Yerevan State University and equipped with a state-of-the-art High Performance Computing Facility, the Center focuses on providing advanced IT training, R&D activities, certification and consultancy in different areas of interest, its main activities including:
- Organization of Advanced Level Courses in ICT to the aspiring students and professionals in Armenia.
- Organization of training to the trainers.
- Organization of Exchange of Experts Programme to Government of Armenia for assisting them in development of skilled work force in the area of ICT.
- Development of Distance Learning and E-learning Programmes.
- Stimulation of collaborative R&D in the advanced areas of Science and Technology like Bio-Informatics, Telemedicine, Embedded Software, High Performance Computing, etc.
The training courses offered by the Center target students from varied background who aspire to make a successful career in the IT industry. The courses aim to groom the students to enable them to work on current technology scenarios, as well as prepare them to keep pace with the challenges in technology and requirements of the ever growing IT industry. The course curriculum has been designed keeping in view the emerging trends in advanced computing as well as contemporary and futuristic human resource requirements of the ICT industry of Armenia. Among others, courses include:
- Information Technology Essentials
- Business computing
- Web Technologies
- MS, net Technologies
- JAVA Technologies
- Database Technologies
Research & Development
The Centre carries out R&D activities in a state-of-the-art R&D lab that provides all of the necessary software tools, including High Performance Computing (HPC) applications required for meaningful research.
Distance Learning opportunities are offered based on the e-Sikshak learning platform provided by the Indian partner. The platform is characterized by the following key features:
- Unicode based multilingual solution
- Customized Graphical User Interface
- Multi-media content support
- Portable to MySQL and Oracle
For more information, please visit www.aitc.am.